Waffles are probably the most requested breakfast item in my house right after pancakes. I mean who doesn’t like waffles? Even better when they’re homemade! If you’re wanting to skip out on store-bought waffles and make some at home, this easy homemade waffle recipe is for you!
I love making waffles at home because you can totally make extra to freeze for later! Yes! You read that right! You don’t have to slave away making waffles every day. Easy morning breakfasts are one recipe away!
These are also so fun to make with kids! Cooking with my kids is one of the many ways I reduce screen time. 10/10 times, kids want to be involved in what you’re doing. My kids LOVE helping in the kitchen. In fact, I can’t get them out of the kitchen half the time!
Related: How to Reduce Screen Time for Toddlers
To make our waffles, we used a super cute heart-shaped waffle maker I got off amazon. This waffle maker is tiny making the perfect-sized waffles for my little lions. It’s also fun to use this waffle maker close to Valentine’s day for the perfect Valentine’s day breakfast! To get the job done faster, you can get the Mueller heart waffle maker instead and make 4 at a time!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no cost to you.
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (or granulated)
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Cups Oat Milk (or any other milk)
- 1/2 Cup of Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2.5 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Add all the dry ingredients into one bowl and mix well.
- Next, add all the wet ingredients to a separate bowl and mix well.
- After this, pour the mixed wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix together until the batter is smooth.
- Next, grease your waffle maker with cooking spray, oil or butter and pour the batter in until all the waffles are made!
- Top with your favourite toppings and freeze any leftovers for later!
I hope you enjoy these homemade waffles!
Please don’t forget to share your pictures with me @littlelionsacademy_ on Instagram. I love to see your little ones enjoying my activities, crafts and printables! When I do, I feel super encouraged to keep sharing these with you!
Subscribe to stay up to date on all the latest product releases and blog posts. Get access to a growing library of exclusive FREE printables! Doing so will only sign you up to receive 2-4 emails per month. I promise to never spam you!