Earth day is the perfect time to teach our children about the Earth and about how great a gift it is to us. I believe that it is our God-given mandate to care for His creation. Earth day, is the perfect time to educate, learn, reflect and make changes that will benefit the future. To celebrate, I thought I would make these FREE printable Earth Day Activities!
Related Article: How to Raise Eco-Conscious Kids
This free printable includes 5 pages with 4 fun activities! The activities include:
- Three R’s worksheet
- (Have your child work through three ways they can reduce, reuse and recycle!)
- Earth Day I Spy game
- (You can play this “I spy” game and find some of the amazing things we can see on our planet!)
- Colour By Letter Coloring Page
- (Let your child practice their letter recognition and colouring skills with this cute colour by letter page)
- Earth Day Scavenger Hunt (Finally, we can do our part and clean the streets! Use the Scavenger hunt to find trash and dispose of it properly.)
The History of Earth Day
In the year 1970, Senator Gaylord Nelson created what we now celebrate every 22nd of April, Earth day. He did this for the purpose of raising awareness of the need for environmental care.
Since the first Earth day many years ago, many changes have taken place all over the world. Many people have joined the fight against climate change and have taken steps to live a greener lifestyle.
Today, we must continue working together to create more change for a better tomorrow. There are many great resources out there that can help teach our children how to become environmentally friendly.
Check out these books that we love!
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This site contains affiliate links to products. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no cost to you.
Love this free Earth Day Printable? Check out our freebie page for subscribers (password in sign up email) for more great resources!